Monday, October 23, 2017

Zero Episode 48 Cypress Park Stories


A/N: Welcome to a filler episode and by filler episode, I mean no new update on Fallout and his plan plus some other stuff. This episode is a total bro moment. Danny and Zane are like brothers and could been seen in a possible relationship. I don't mind this being that a thing because I think that either the writers meant to do that on purpose or not. Both Danny and Zane are straight but I won't stop making bro moments between the two. This episode will feature more of Carlos.

If you recall, Carlos and Walter aka Cinder and Bedrock respectively became good guys to Zane with them both going on the straight and narrow. That's sweet but I feel like being an awful human to one of them. I'll let you guess who but I will make it sweet. I may be a sadist sometimes but I have my limits. In the Fairy Tail Crossover coming up in December I hope and maybe before the final season or two of the Anime, you won't be seeing that side of me any time soon.

This episode was inspired by the Simpsons Episode known as 22 Short Stories about Springfield. I like that episode because it focuses on fan favorite characters of the show. I'm doing this but like the episode, you'll be seeing the main character. You could say that the Zero Shorts are this episode but well, they're not. This episode style may be returning in the future. It really does depend on if I feel like it and also if I don't do it in Zero Shorts. This episode may be shorter than normal.

Narrator P.O.V.
Danny and Zane were sitting in Zane's room with Danny looking at Zane's laptop. "So let me guess this straight. You made a database for your enemies, both Taelamelan and Terrarune, and any current thoughts when you're bored." said Danny as he turned to face Zane. The mostly black haired teen was throwing a ball at the roof with him saying,"It so beats doing homework. I'm just happy that I got the house all to myself for the three day weekend.".

Danny said,"So where did your family go anywhere?". "Some out of town college thing. I don't think Lilith is showing up so Ana was cool with it. Atem and Wolfram went because I'm feeding their bad habits. Grandpa took Kania with him to Terrarune and that's is the end of that chapter." said Zane. "I got you. So lets begin the tests." said Danny. Zane nodded as Danny said,"First up, Hyde.". "He's in Terrarune under a really BIG lamp." said Zane.

Danny said,"Wraith?". "Currently being hunted by giant animals because he was hunting on one of many reserves belonging to Remane." said Zane. "I think that's all of your enemies relaxing in their homes and if they do escape, your friends from Arcadia U can handle them." said Danny. "Which means that it's time for the yearly bro's weekend!" said Zane. "No girlfriend, females, or anything else. Just us and the new update of Hero Quest. You did get the new versions?" said Danny.

Zane held two boxes with him saying,"Thanks to Legion Zero who was awarded these for stopping Timmy's rampage, I got them.". "Nice. I mean we already rocked the old version of the game and the new kids are calling us rumors." said Danny. "I'm hurt. Let me just shut down the old laptop and we can play in the gaming room." said Zane as he shut down his laptop. "I still can't believe that you've got a room dedicated to just gaming." said Danny.

Zane said,"Well, I told her that I need it to cope with being a hero so I guess it's not that bad.". "We can't use our powers can we?" said Danny. "Danny. I think as a responsible teen, we shouldn't use our powers for evil." said Zane. "But??" said Danny. Zane turned into Brain Form and he said,"But as a superhero who's considered to a greedy asshole by some, I should have some fun. Lets teach the newbies a thing or two about messing with Sci-Fi Knight and...".

Danny said,"Isn't your username in Hero Quest the same password to activate Astral Form which I still haven't seen yet.". "I honestly don't know why I picked that password for my Astral Form to be honest with you. However, I'll show you later into the weekend. Open the door for me and we shall begin our conquest!" said Zane. "Sure but please tell me you're going to be human for most of the weekend." said Danny. "I promise nothing." said Zane.

At the arcade, Kristen ,in her boy disguise from EP 40, was playing a fighting game with Carlos. "So why are you wearing that again? I mean I get you're popular sis but still." said Carlos. "If I wanted to have someone who tells me how bad I look, I would have asked Hannah and Sam out. Now are you in this? I mean you've been in juvie and then jail for how long?' said Kristen. "I haven't gotten rusty sister. Prison had some game machines to keep us busy and not breaking out." said Carlos.

Kristen pressed a couple of button with her saying,"So why did you break out?". "To be honest with you, I wanted revenge on Legion Zero. He made me look stupid and well, I guess my pride was well increased when that Phantom took over me and gave me fire power." said Carlos. He was looking at himself. He was wearing a red plaid shirt under a white jacket, blue jeans, normal tennis shoes, and his power inhibitors.

They were two silver bracelets ,on both of his wrists, that kept him from burning the building to the ground. They were created by Doctor Maxwell Brock to help any super powered individuals have a normal life. Kristen looked at her brother as she said,"I'm happy to have you back bro. It's good to see you well not burning anything that piss you off.". "It's good to be back sis. You're the only one in my family who likes me." said Carlos as he hugged her.

Kristen said,"That may be changing soon if he would pick up his phone anytime this week. I mean he cancel our study sessions.". "You're talking about Zane aren't you sis?" said Carlos. Kristen nodded as Carlos said,"From what I could tell, you care about him a lot just like I care about beating this stupid level!". Kristen placed a hand on his shoulder as she said,"Calm down. You remember what Doctor Max said?".

Carlos calmed down with him saying,"Sorry. We could play that dancing machine.". "Sorry but you're not seeing me dance." said Kristen. "Shoot. I tried." said Carlos. The two heard an alarm go off and Carlos said,"Hey. You have one of those weapons right?". "Yes. Zane gave it to protect myself and not to be used by a former felon." said Kristen. "I'm not going to rob the store. I mean to be honest, I just like destroying things." said Carlos.

The siblings ran out of the arcade to see two punks wearing ski masks and holding bags of money. It was Harvey and Roger who somewhat got here from New York City. They mostly likely didn't get here legally. "So Harvey, what's the plan?" said Roger. 'What do you mean?" said Harvey. "I mean what if one of them superheroes show up." said Roger. "We blast them with the weapons we stole from that rich guy." said Harvey.

Roger nodded as the two heard,"Put back the bags or else.". The criminals saw Walter standing there as Carlos said,"Hey Walt!". The former villain looked at Carlos and he said,"We're talking after I take care of the idiot duo.". "Hey! We take offense to that." said Roger. He fired his weapon at Walter who just took the shot. His body reformed as Walt said,"Sorry but that ain't going to work.". He hit the two out with sand hammers as he sighed.

Later, Kristen was looking at Walter with him saying,"Do I have something in my teeth?". "No. I'm just can't believe you're a good guy now." said Kristen. "Your brother's reformed too. Why aren't you telling him off?" said Walt. "He's currently in the bathroom right nw. I don't have the right parts." said Kristen. "The right parts?" said Walt. "Sorry. It's just something that one of my idiot friends say. He is an idiot." said Kristen.

Walt then stretched his head over to see that Kristen was trying to call Zane once again. Her phone screen was showing Zane's face as he said,"So do you think this Zane guy is at the movies? I mean you're supposed to turn your phone off during the flick.". "Since 11 this morning?" said Kristen. "It could be a really long one. Listen, I may not be the man for advice. Call one of his friends to see what he's up too. That's my advice." said Walt.

Kristen looked at him as she said,"So why did you reform? Was it because you kept getting your but kicked by teens?". "Yes but it was my daughter. She didn't know about me being a crook and when she finds out, it's going to be awful. I just want to make sure that she's happy." said Walt. "Well, she sounds nice." said Kristen. "You wouldn't mind baby sitting." said Walt. "I wouldn't mind but let me check my schedule." said Kristen.

Meanwhile, Carlos was currently on the phone. He lied to his sister and one of his old prison friends about him needing to use the can. "Hey. It's me. Yeah, I've gone straight but I need that rush. The thrill of risking it all and video games don't cut it. When's the next game?" said Carlos. He was silent as he said,"I'll be there and trust me, I'll be winning it all.". His hands light on fire with him saying,"I promise you sis but in the end, I'm going to protect you.".

Somewhere in Cypress Park, Ray was currently walking to Rachel's house as he said,"So explain to me why I'm stuck going to a girls's only party when Danny and Zane aren't?". He had Tara by his side as she said,"According to Rae, it's Bro's Weekend.". "Bro's Weekend? Why the hell did they exclude me from it?" said Ray. "It's because Danny and Zane have done since they were kids. Rachel told me that they did it before moving to Cypress." said Tara.

Ray said,"When they were spies or something. They must have had so much fun. I still can't believe your cousin sometimes Tara. I mean he alter the Universe completely.". "Yeah. He's a good guy and one that you shouldn't piss off by messing with his cousin." said Tara. She knocked on the door as Ray said,"That was only one time Tara! I'm sure that I didn't piss off any princess. Mob lords may be another story.". "Whatever Raymond." said Tara.

The door opened as Travis stood there. "Ray. What are you doing here?" said Travis. "I could say the same for you. Are you cheating on Marcia? You do know that her and Zane are tight." said Ray. "Not exactly." said Travis. The two came in as Marcia's voice said,"Travis! Whose at the door?". "It's Ray and Tara!" said Travis. "Tara! Come upstairs girlfriend! Ray, have fun with the boys." said Marcia's voice. "Boys?" said Ray.

Ray and Travis soon saw Andre, David, and Evan sitting in the living room. "Hey Ray. You got roped into this too." said Andre. "Okay. I get why you're here Andre and Evan but David. So does Hannah know about this?" said Ray. "I'm hiding from her right now. She's been annoyed that the pageant was canceled." said David. "In the two years that I known her, she so doesn't let things go. How she stays in the A list is a mystery to me." said Evan. "Yeah. So what's the plan?" said Travis.

Ray said,"So have they order food?". "Not yet. Rachel and Roxy are paying so we can go all out you guys." said David. "Yeah but we can't eat a whole buffet unlike Zane." said Ray. "True. So why aren't he and Danny here? Karen likes Zane but she's too scared to say anything. Nova and Roxy both like Zane with both of them being rather bold about it. Kristen's not here being that she's the only one who could be with him." said Travis.

The four guys looked at him as Evan said,"I've never heard you speak that much unless you're writing poetry.". "Yeah. It's kinda weird to be honest." said David. "Ignoring that." said Travis. "According to Tara who heard this from Rachel, they're currently on their Bro's Weekend which means that they get out of this." said Ray. "Lucky bastards. So seen any good movies?" said Andre. "I did get the new Horror Movie. You want to watch it?" said Travis. "Sure." said the four guys.

Upstairs, Gwen, Heidi, Karen, Marcia, Nova, Rachel, Rebecca, Roxy, Selena, Susan, and Tara were in Rachel's room. "So you don't like Zane Heidi?" said Susan. The girls were playing truth or dare but no one was picking dare. "Yes. I mean Zane's nice and I can see what you see in him Karen but he's well too much for me." said Heidi. "So how did you two meet again?" said Roxy sipping on a soda. "I think it was when Zane saved her from a public shaming." said Rebecca.     

Flashback P.O.V.
The day had ended at Cypress High with several students leaving the school. However, Brad was still inside of the school with Bryan as the two were holding buckets filled with water balloons of multiple colors. "Hey Brad. I see Zit." said Bryan. The blond jock then turned to see his rival standing there in the courtyard. His hair was still pure black, he wasn't wearing his Galaxy Phones, and his watch was still the clunky version.

He's also wearing a black t-shirt over a long sleeved gray shirt, blue jeans, and his sneakers. "Time to teach that punk a lesson or two about messing with the order." said Brad. He threw a balloon right at Zane with the teen's CJ going off. He ducked ,in a split second, which evaded the balloon as he said under his breath,"Bradley. I think your aim is getting worse.". "Smooth Zane." said Athena. "Dude. I can't believe you missed. I can't believe he had to tie his shoes at that moment." said Bryan.

Brad said,"Shut up man! He's just lucky is all.". He held another balloon and he said,"Hey Zit! You'll looking kinda of hot! Let me cool you down!". He threw the balloon as Zane dodged it. He kept on dodging them without thinking as he thought,"I owe Carlos Ortiz so much. He makes such the great opponent to practice my dodging.". Brad threw one and it just barely missed Zane. "Can't touch me Bradley. Better luck next life." said Zane.      

David smiled as he said,"Zane's got the moves.". "So?! He's just lucky that his mom's a science nerd just like his geekette girlfriend." said Hannah. Brad focused on a new target aka Heidi. He threw the balloon as Zane spotted this. "Shit!" thought Zane. He soon moved through the crowd and he blocked the balloon. He soon coughed up water as he said,"That's low Brad. Attacking an unarmed girl. That's just sad even for you and I've known you for years.".

He heard,"Thank you so much Zane.". Zane turned around and he said,"Bradley could only hit me if I stood perfectly still. It's no wonder at all that we BARELY won the last couple of games. It's so sad to see such talent wasted on throwing water balloons at little old me.". Brad was about to throw one at Zane but he was stopped by David. The teen soon wrapped his arms around the two as he said,"You just got burned. Be the better man here". Heidi smiled as Zane said,"Better luck next time Bradley!".

Narrator P.O.V.
Marcia said,"So you wanted to be just like Zane after that? I'm still shocked on how he dodged over ten water balloons in a row. I saw the video. Zane looked like he was dancing.". "Yeah. I mean I did stalked him for a while before I well introduced myself." said Heidi. "Yeah. It was during that crazy heat storm. So where's Jasmine?" said Rebecca. "I texted her and she said that her family is having some problems." said Roxy.

Gwen said,"Okay. Your pick now Heidi.". Heidi looked at Nova with her saying,"Okay Nova. Truth or Dare?". "I'm going to pick dare." said Nova. "Call Zane and ask him out." said Heidi. "Wow. That is something else. I didn't see that coming from you. That may have to changed since Zane's phone is currently off right now." said Rachel. "Don't judge a book by their character Rachel. Got any other dares?" said Karen. "Well...." said Heidi

Meanwhile in Terrarune, the group of Aster, Bane, Celeste, Erin, Ether, Jennifer, Kendra, and Smog were currently hanging out in the mall. Yes even if you're dead, the mall still haunts all males who are stuck carry bags. Speaking of guys and bags, the boys were currently holding it. "So explain to me why we aren't at the shooting range again?" said Bane stretching his arms. "This beats listening to Erin singing one of Celeste's songs." said Smog as he shivered.

The four boys were at the food court with Aster saying,"I'm so happy being that I don't have the best hearing in our friend group. I do enjoy Celeste's music somewhat but remember Erin's singing is something else.". "So did you just insult her or what Aster boy?" said a voice. The four guys saw Jennifer standing there as Ether said,"So where are the other guys?". "Trying to stop our friend from calling Zane over and over." said Jennifer.

Bane said,"He hasn't answered?". "Nope. They tried to stop her but she won't stop. I mean she wants to throw a private concert for our reincarnated pal." said Jennifer. "Ah. I'm just happy that we stopped seeing him as Johnny. Zane is so much better than JV. I mean he's a good guy but well, I'm all for Zane." said Smog. "I think Zane's temper is much worse." said Ether. "That isn't that hard to beat Ether." said Aster, Bane, and Jennifer.

Celeste was currently on her phone as she said,"Why won't he pick up?". Kendra stood by her as Erin said,"So should we go?". "To Cypress Park. If he doesn't answer his phone, I'll go see him in person!" said Celeste. Erin and Kendra held her arms as Kendra said,"You do know that if you go rushing to Cypress Park, Swarm will try and capture you for their experiments.". "Or Agent Phoenix will kill you." said Erin 

Celeste took a deep breath as she said,"Okay. You have a point but I need to see him. I mean think about it. I can't see him anymore and I feel like I'm losing him.". "You're right but think about it. If you can't go to Cypress Park as Celeste, the rock star, go as a different girl. Zane may be able to find out about you but maybe as someone else." said Erin. Celeste smiled as Kendra said,"I can't see how things could go wrong.".

Later at Arcadia U. the group of Darren, Lynette, Nazar, Sierra, and Taylor were currently playing cards in the lobby. "So how are things going with Zane Taylor?" said Darren. "We're going fine. He's been asking me for some sword training despite me not using a sword. He's gotten pretty good at it especially with that sword he got it from Konosuke." said Taylor. "So I'm guessing that you're going to ask him out." said Lynette.

Sierra looked at the blushing Taylor with her saying,"It isn't like that and you know it. We're just friends. He had to cancel our usually training session.". "Yeah. I mean I'm happy to finally get some hero work but still, he can't just put off a three day weekend to play some video games." said Nazar with confusion. "True but Zane needs a break and this is helping him out." said Darren. "Yeah but still. This is wrong." said Lynette. "The fact that you're losing or Zane's current behavior." said Sierra.

Lynette said,"A lit bit of A and B.". "So did you guys expect Cypress Park to be filled with so much crime? I wonder how Zane does it all and most of the time, by himself. He says that he has to train in increase his power usage, learning magic by himself, training in armed and unarmed combat, and also having a social life. It's impressive no?" said Taylor. "Maybe that's why Zane needs this weekend off. I suspect that Zane needs some time to just relax and be a teen." said Sierra.

On Sunday, Courtney was currently getting Danny and Zane's favorites at Fantasia in her car with the help of her latest pal Seth who she didn't know was a Phantom just yet. "So Courtney. Why are we bringing Fantasia to Danny and Zane? Those two are my pals but why can't they come get their own food?" said Seth. "As you know, Zane is well known for eating more than his body weight and can seemly eat anything." said Courtney.

Seth thought,"Especially if he's in that Gluttony Form of his.". "Yeah so?" said Seth. "We only do deliver once in a while and it's when Zane or Legion Zero is in currently need of a Fantasia pick me up." said Courtney. "Why Legion Zero?" said Seth. "He's a good guy despite his well unique way of making villains get angry. I mean have you heard his quips? Not the best but still, he protects our town way better than Agent Phoenix and Swarm ever could." said Courtney.

Seth said,"I have to agree with you on that. Zane's a good guy from what I've seen. You two have known each other for seven years now.". "Since Zane was nine and I was fifteen. His mom was looking for a babysitter for Zane and well, I offered my services to her." said Courtney. "So you ready? I'm pretty sure that Zane doesn't like his food cold and also so do you want to drive and I'll hold the food?" said Seth. "Yes please." said Courtney. 

The two adults were driving toward Zane's house as Seth said,"Hey. Who's the girl in front of his house?". Dawn was sitting there as she said,"Hi!". Courtney parked as she said,"So who are you and what are you doing outside of Zane's house?". "Technically, it belongs to his mom but well, you're not wrong Courtney." said Seth. "I'm one of Zane's friends Dawn Ballard. I haven't heard from him in over three days. Has he gone missing?" said Dawn.

Courtney said,"He didn't tell you?". "Tell me about what?" said Dawn. "His Bro's Weekend is when he and Danny stay in one place. They don't move whatsoever but they just play this video game and well, they're really good at it." said Seth. "So why are you here?" said Dawn. "Usually around Sunday Dawn, I come by to his place and deliver food. I asked Seth here to help me out. Zane orders a lot of food." said Courtney.

She pulled out her house key as Dawn whispered,"So does she know about you being well the most hated creature in town?". "No but I plan on telling her when the time is right or when I have to be a hero like our mutual pal Zane. It's not the best but I just hope she doesn't kill me." said Seth as he grabbed some food. "Yeah but can you live with lying to someone that you care about? Do you want to keep her or lose her?" said Dawn.

The door opened as the three went inside. "Wow. I honestly thought that it would be more dirty." said Dawn. "I'm pretty sure it's due to one of his mom's inventions. So where is he?" said Dawn. Seth looked upstairs and he said,"I think they're upstairs. So should we knock or just go in invited? I mean Zane's really good at handling people.". They heard a door creak open and Danny saying,"I guess this weekend was a success.".

Zane's voice said,"Yeah. I just wish that we actually had a challenge this time around. I mean I guess having powers gives an advantage.". The two walked downstairs as Danny said after seeing the three standing there,"Oh. Hey there Courtney, Seth, and some weird silver haired chick. What's up? Is it food drop off time?". "It's in the living room. So what were you talking about?" said Courtney. "Oh nothing. It's just that in the game, we got powers and the game was made easier." said Zane.

Dawn hugged Zane as she said,"Why haven't you been answered my calls Zaney?". Zane pulled out his phone and he turned it off silent. He soon saw that he had several hundred missed calls and texts in three days as he said,"Oh. I am so dead.". "Yeah. Your food is in the kitchen." said Seth. The boy ran into the kitchen as Danny said,"So what are you doing alone with Courtney? You do know that Zane sees her as an older sister.".

Courtney said,"Which is sweet but I can hang out with anyone I want.". "He's a good guy Danny! If he hurts her though, I will hurt him." said Zane's voice from the kitchen. "Duly noted. So how do you know Zane?" said Seth. "We're friends but I hope to be something more like best friends." said Dawn. "You may or will have some TOUGH competition for that title." said Courtney. "And from what Zane told me, that may not be an issue. " thought Danny.

Meanwhile at the airport, Atem was holding up a sign. He was standing there with Ana, Natasha, and Wolfram as Ana said,"So who are we looking for and why did we have to lie to Zane?". "Is this guy your boyfriend?" said Atem. "Nope. I wouldn't cheat on your father Ana or grandfather Atem. This guy is Zane's brother." said Natasha. Wolfram barked as Atem said,"I thought that my dad was an only child.". "And you still haven't answered my second question." said Ana.

Natasha said,"Lucius Hiram Alvarez is Zane's adopted older brother. He had to leave us with Zane's other older brother Kurt Ethan Alvarez when Zane was six and just after Shawn went to the Infinite Void. Lucius is 24 years old and Kurt is 20 years old now. I wanted to protect my son but he needs to get some training. He's better than when he started but practice never hurt anybody.". "So I have another Uncle?" said Atem. Wolfram looked confused as Ana said,"I think I see him.".

The four soon saw a man standing there. He looks to be 6 foot 3. He looks to be Caucasian with him having a lean frame but still support a muscular and well-defined build. He has chestnut brown hair and brown eyes. He has a scruffy looking goatee on him. He's wearing a dark purple hoodie/jacket with the sleeves rolled up and it's open showing his black t-shirt with a phoenix on it, blue jeans, and black sneakers.

Both of his arms are covered in tribal styled tattoos with the back part of his hand having a sword on them. He has a pair of small gold earrings in each ear. On his shirt, he has a pair of black sunglasses resting there. He was holding a brown duffle-bag. He saw the quartet and he said,"Hey Mom. Your third favorite son is back from the dead.". Natasha hugged him as he said,"I missed you too. So you three must be Ana, Atem, and Wolfram.".

Ana said,"How do you know us Brother Lucius?". "Wow. She's something else mom. So where's my little bro?" said Lucius. "He's on his Bro's Weekend with Uncle Danny!" said Atem. "Danny? You've adopted again? I thought three boys was another but well, I guess Zane followed in your footsteps. So I want to see my little brother." said Lucius. "He's at home. Lets go." said Natasha. The five were gone as the stories of Cypress Park ended.

Next time,
Brothers. Family. Power. Honesty. What do these things have in common when Cinder returns? This and more next time on Zero!
 
Story 1: Danny and Zane.
Story 2: Carlos, Kristen, and Walter.
Story 3: Andre, David. Evan, Ray, and Travis.
Story 4: Gwen, Heidi, Karen, Marcia, Nova, Rachel, Rebecca, Roxy, Selena, Susan, and Tara.
Story 5: Aster, Bane, Celeste, Erin, Ether, Jennifer, Kendra, and Smog.
Story 6: Darren, Lynette, Nazar, Sierra, and Taylor.
Story 7: Courtney, Danny, Dawn, Seth, and Zane.
Story 8: Ana, Atem, Lucius, Natasha, and Wolfram.

No comments:

Post a Comment