Saturday, November 2, 2019

Fairy Legion Chapter 40 Celebration Section 2 (Written on December 8 2021)

This post is a part of Fairy Legion Chapter 40 and has been put into a separate post mainly due to the original post being unable to edit for reasons described in this update post. This post here has been written in December 2021 but will be uploaded before Fairy Legion Chapter 40. This is to mainly improve the amount of posts produced within a certain time frame or other reasons.

The Fairy Tail wizards were each going about their celebrations in a typical fashion. People were drinking, Gray was constantly loosing and regaining clothes, Natsu was fighting people, and everyone ,in general, was having a good time. As of this point, the celebration had only just commenced. It had been fifteen or so minutes since they had entered the guild and they shook off everything that had happened and became cheerful once more in the wake of their resounding and hard-fought victory.

At a table situated nearby a collection of barrels with them filled with alcohol for now, a group of four Fairy Tail wizards and one superhero sat there. These five were Elfman, Erza, Lucy, Stella, and Zane. A certain brown-haired alcoholic junkie walked up to their table either because of their proximity to a large source of booze or because the table housed a good chunk of her better friends so take your pick on which answer is right.

I'm personally on the former rather than the latter but both make sense if you think about. Cana sat down in between Lucy and Stella with her saying,"Got to be honest here and say this. You guys did a damn fine job. Thanks to you, the guild is back to our version of normal.". "Yeah. I think we have Zane to thank for that." said Erza, smiling slightly as she glanced at the person in question who was sitting next to Elfman and Stella on his right and left respectively.

Zane looked shocked as he said,"So why is Prude Knight being nice to me? Did my VBRS mess up her head or what? I mean you got the vines to knock you out how many times?". "I think I heard Juvia tell us three times when we met up with her and Gray. Speaking of Juvia, where is she?" said Stella. "Beats me. I mean she saw me come back from "death" but she won't harm anyone since I don't like people who hurt the innocent." said Zane.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw blue hair watching him with him smiling. "Ah. She's such a cute stalker. Never thought that would happen with you. Allen, Danny, and Kevin managed to get one before you." said Kane with Lucifer chuckling. Zane rolled his eyes as Cana said,"So do you honestly like pissing off one of Fairy Tail's strongest wizard who probably hates your guts?". "I don't hate his guts. I just dislike it a lot." said Erza. "Isn't that the same thing?" said Lucy.

Zane shrugged as he said while sipping from his flask,"Yeah but who cares? I may have taken down Aria, Jose, and Juvia with the middle one having Mira as a oh so helpful assist. I'm going to be honest here. All of you did something including Triple B. Be proud of that since only Fanboy and Chumchum did absolute nothing and feel ashamed for it!". "Yeah! You were beating the snot out of Phantom's master like a real man!" said Elfman, flexing like All Might who makes a good Johnny Bravo.

That's a double reference to a video I saw online and how Elfman's English voice actor plays All Might from MHA and Zoro for One Piece. Thought I would make the obvious Dragon Ball reference but my knowledge of Dragon Ball is limited beside the voice actors and the abridged series. "Yes. Elfman is correct. It seemed like you didn't need my assistance after all. You really need to start accepting help from others Zane." said Erza.

Zane was going to say something with Stella saying,"Anyway, we won and that's all that matters right you two?". "Sure." said Erza with Zane throwing her a thumbs up. "Amen sister. I think we should have a drink to celebrate!" said Cana. "But I'm already drinking oh so observant one." said Zane with him sipping his flask and a mocking smile on his face. "And like last time, I had a drink with either of you two I was out cold!" said Stella, glaring at the two of them.

Zane looked at Cana who nodded. She wrapped her arm around Stella with her saying,"Stella. I mean after everything that happened the past couple of days, we need to have a round to celebrate.". Stella's stern look didn't changed as Zane thought with him sending his thoughts to Cana through the powers of Telepathy,"Okay then Cana. Time for Plan B aka peer pressure. This is Zane by the way if you couldn't tell.". "Gotcha. So what do you think Erza?" said Cana.

Erza nodded as she said,"If she does not wish to enjoy herself, then let her be.". This earned a sigh from the silverette at first. "However, defeating one of the Ten Wizard Saints is cause for celebration right you two?" said Erza, earning a nod from Cana and Zane. This prompted the dragon slayer to release a defeated sigh. "I'm also come up with a nickname for you Stella being it is like Prude Knight but Dragon Prude." said Zane. "That nickname isn't very good." said Cana.

Lucy looked right at her as she said,"Are any of them good?". "Second Place was decent." said Cana with a smile. "Just like Jose!" said Zane, earning a high five from Cana and Elfman. Lucy sighed at this with Stella knowing that she should relax because one of the most strict and uptight person she had ever met was telling her to relax. "Fine. I'll have A drink, go it?" said Stella. "We'll totally do that right Zane?" said Cana, winking. "Aye ma'am!" said Zane, mimicking Happy perfectly.

Both Lucy and Stella paled slightly at Zane mimicking Happy perfectly and the teamwork of Cana and Zane respectively. Their tag team combo works on anyone. "Oh yeah is that right?! Bring it on, you Stripper Icicle!" roared Natsu from the other side of the guildhall. "Keep talking and I'll shut your mouth for you damn fire breather!" said Gray. Everyone at the table turned to see the two going at each other with both fists and feet with a hint of insults.

No one else was being dragged into their little scuffle with no one planning on stopping them since Erza was nearby them. "So you're not going to do stop them?" said Lucy, sounding surprised that she hasn't done anything yet. "Nope. They both fought hard today and deserves to have their fun, just this one time." said Erza. "Yeah. I mean don't worry so much Triple B. Pride Knight will be her normal self tomorrow so don't you worry." said Zane, smirking.

Lucy sighed as she said,"You're not going to stop calling me that are you?". "Probably not but I think it's a good thing since I don't see you as a rich girl but a friend." said Zane. Lucy sighed as Mira said in a cheerful tone,"Hey guys!". She walked over to the table with a circular tray being held up on her hand sporting a drink for everyone at the table. Cana smiled brightly with her saying,"Thank you Mira. You heard my prayer.".

She looked at the mug of booze being placed in front of her. "Well I overheard that you wanted some drinks, so I figured I'd bring them over." said Mira, finishing serving the drinks. "Wow. You have really good hearing and that's coming from me." said Zane. The white-haired woman made to leave a moment later being that other people likely needed to be catered. It was a given that everyone was pretty much drinking at this point in time.

However, one person in particular was of the opinion that she should do no such thing. "Mira. Where did you think you're going?" said Zane with his arms crossed. Almost instantly, the barmaid stopped dead in her tracks and turned around with her smiled brightly at the Cross Species who was her first crush just like Jean except Mira has a better shot than she does. This action made Bisca ,who was sitting nearby with Alzack, raise a curious brow.

However, she once again chose to keep her paranoia to herself. "Yes?" said Mira in a sweet-sounding voice. "Where are you going exactly?" said Zane. "To serve drinks to others?" said Mira, not getting the reason between Zane's obvious question. "But why are you? That's the eternal question after all alongside why kids love cinnamon toast crunch? We'll never know!" said Zane, earning a confused look for the rest of the people at the table. "It's my job." said Mira, sounding obvious.

Zane nodded with him saying,"But you helped me take down Phantom Lord's master and regained your magic which you haven't used for years thanks to a certain someone who is really close to you and can play a mean guitar solo.". "And who would that be Zane?" said Cana, catching onto what Zane was doing. It was what they did with Stella earlier. "Yes." said Mira with her sounding just a bit embarrassed given that she now knew where this was headed.

She just felt somewhat foolish for having answered his previous questions in such a blank manner. It was also obvious to her since Zane is known for his jokes. "Then if it isn't obvious enough and will it please the court if I repeated myself? Where are in the nine realms are you going? Relax. Enjoy your victory because you deserve it. In fact, Fanboy and Chumchum should be serving drinks even though they're injured. Come on sit next to me. I don't bit if you don't want me too." said Zane, smiling.

At this, several present smiled due to the obvious fact that one of the guild's most cherished members had been subtly ,and I used the term loosely, forced out of her normal routine by Zane. Mira had done exactly what Zane asked her to do. She clearly didn't belong serving drinks at a time like this rather she belonged in the celebration with everyone else. Mira took her spot next to Zane's right ,being Elfman scooted over to allow Mira to sit next to Zane.

She smiled as she said,"To take a seat and enjoy the night like I should. Levy doesn't mind this right Zane?". "She knows very well that I won't cheat on her. I mean you don't see me getting jealous at Fanboy and Chum Chum who are near her right?" said Zane, pointing to the bookworm who had Droy and Jet by her side. "True but you're a much better catch than those two." said Mira. The two sulked as they heard Mira's comment.

Zane chuckled at that with Erza saying,"So Mira, what does it feel like to have your powers back after all this time?". "It's amazing! Maybe I can go on missions again and do what I used to love doing back in the day. Though, I may be a bit out of practice. During our fight, Zane had to cover for me a few times than I would like to admit." said Mira with a nervous giggle as she finished. "If you like, I would be happy to go on a job with you to help you out." said Erza.

Zane smirked as he said,"Yeah. For once, Prude Knight is right. If you need some training from the best and sadistic teacher in the Omniverse, don't hesitate to ask. I mean Levy has taken my training and look at her. She's much stronger than she looks thanks to me.". "Thanks. I may take you up on that." said Mira. It wasn't obvious on who she was referring to being that it could be her crush and her friend. Take your bets once again folks. "Okay then. Let's have a drinking game!" said Cana.

Stella glared at her as she said,"I only said one drink! I really don't a repeat of last time!". "Come on Stella. It'll be a lot of fun." said Mira. "Yeah and I'm surprised that you're reluctant to have fun in this instance given all that we've just dealt with." said Erza, sounding somewhat disappointed. Stella really, really felt like a stick in the mud at this point, but even so she would never in a million years expect Erza Scarlet to be in favor of a drinking game.

The Cross Species smiled as he said,"See Stella. If Prude Knight aka the queen of no fun is okay with it. I mean if you don't want to play, you'll make me and everyone here really sad. Oh and you don't like me when I'm sad Stella.". Stella made the mistake of turning to face the superhero in order to reply. When she did so however, any answer other than "yes" became the definition of impossible. She was subjected to looking at perhaps the best begging face she had ever seen in her existence as a human being.

Zane's eyes were like a cute baby polar bear/moose that needs some help. In a manner of speaking, the expression that was directed at her was beyond cute. "Fine." said Stella with her voice sounding somewhat strained for some reason and a huge blush crossing her cheeks. "My puppy dog eyes works every time. It'll be fun don't worry. We'll make sure you're not too hammered." said Zane. All of the girls there were impressed being that his eyes rivaled the puppy dog eyes that all of them could do.

It comes with practice. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. So what game are we playing?" said Stella with her turning to the brown-haired woman who made the suggestion in the first place. "We could take a drink every time Gray and Natsu throw a punch." said Cana. "That would be a good idea but I doubt all of your liver will be gone if that was our game." said Zane. That drew a round of laughter from everyone present even Erza who did recognize the mild truth to those words.

However at the mention of their names, the two wizards walked over with curious expression on their faces, Happy flying over in tow with his new bestie Vance. Happy liked Vance but Vance was another story. Stella asked Vance to make friends with everyone so he decided to start with the other talking cat and this was his first mistake. "What are you guys doing?" said Natsu. "We're playing a drinking game." said Lucy. "Is Zane playing as well?" said Gray.

Zane smiled as he said,"Yes. I am. We're using the lighter stuff so you guys in for a couple of rounds right?". "Yeah!" said the two in unison. Many present chuckled at that reaction from the two thought Stella just stared at them with slightly widened eyes. Mira was the only one to release a girlish giggle mainly due to her finding it amusing how brotherly the superhero was with Gray and Natsu. When she asked him about it, he gave her an answer.

His answer was that he had two brothers when he was younger and always wanted to be an older brother figure with Gray and Natsu filling the need along with someone named Efren and Leo back in his dimension. The two in question noticed their simultaneous answer with them saying,"Hey! Stop copying me!". They began glaring angrily at each another. "Calm down you two. There's always room for more when it comes to drinking but we need a bigger table." said Zane.

Seeing no way out of this, Stella said,"Before we do that, let's pick a game first. If my liver is going to be destroyed, I want to least have destroyed by a game.". The group there donned an expression of deep thought. No game in particular coming into mind that would be all that fun. Well, Cana and Zane was the one exception given that they found drinking in general very fun. Mira's expression shifted to one that gave of a mischievous intent.

No one ,except for Zane who sees and knows all in Fairy Legion, spotted it out but nevertheless it only went to show the motivation behind her following words. "So are you going to do anything about it Zane?" said Lucifer as Zane shrugged. "Nah. I mean this is going to be fun no matter what and you all wanted me to have fun." said Zane. "He's right. I rather have this Zane rather than the depressing one." said Azalea.

Mira smiled as she said,"I know. Why don't we play a game of truth or dare? Each person gets a turn to pick who they want to select for their truth or dare. That person gets to choose and if they don't like it, they can dodge by taking a drink.". "That sounds pretty good actually." said Cana.  "I think it would be rather amusing." said Erza. "I'm game." said Lucy. "Me too." said Gray and Natsu in unison, after which they just growled at one another.

With a flex, Elfman said,"A real man never backs down from a challenge.". "No fair you guys! I wanna play too! How come no one asked if I wanted to?!" said Happy childishly. "Yeah. I can handle my liquor decently at least compared to the dwarf. Maybe me and the child should be on a team with another wizard." said Vance. "I think that's fair. Happy, do you want to be on my team?" said Zane. "So what is a cat like when they're drink?" said Athena with her extremely curious about it.

She always wanted to see a cat getting drunk being that despite Zane's natural ability to attract cats, it never happened. These two felines just happened to be capable of speech made her desire to see such a thing even greater. "Aye! We'll make an awesome team!" said Happy. "Hey, why didn't you want to play with me?" said Natsu confused. "Too slow Natsu and Vance! Zane asked me first and he's cooler than the both of you!" said Happy.

To show this, crossing his arms and turning his back to his shunned best friend and cat pal. "What the hell man?!" said Natsu, obviously not understanding the blue-furred feline's reaction. "Natsu. I think we should show them up. What do you think about that?" said Vance. "I got you! Lets show them!" said Natsu. "Aw. Vance is making friends." said Stella, gushing. The cat blushed as Zane said with tears in his eyes,"And I was so worried about him!". "Shut up!" said Vance

A bit later, the order for the seating arrangements was as follows. At the head of the table and the first to actually get a turn was Cana. To her left were Natsu and Vance, Elfman, Erza, Mira, Zane and Happy ,on his shoulder, being that their team name is Catastrophic, Gray, and finally Lucy. Stella decided to just watch but she had to drink every time a female took a drink. You think that she won this but Cana and Zane were hoping that Stella would regret that choice.

Cana smiled as she said,"Okay then. I guess I'll start us off and then we can just keep going from my left, agreed?". Everyone at the table seemed to nod in agreement at this, which meant that the game could begin without any further delay. The brown-haired women began to scan around the table and when her eyes landed on her target, she smirked. "Lucy. Truth or dare?" said Cana with a sadistic smirk on her face. "Why me?!" said a confused Lucy.

The lush smirked as she said,"I don't have to answer a damn thing without my lawyer. I'm also not the one who has to answer until I get pick. Now, truth or dare?". "Come on Triple B. I mean you aren't a chicken are you? I mean you dealt with Lugnut so our dear friend Cana shouldn't be that scary. Me on the other is a force to be feared." said Zanea as the blonde to lightly glare at Cana and Zane. "Um. I'll go with truth." said Lucy. "What color are your panties?" said Cana, almost immediately.

Lucy blushed red as she said,"What kind of question is that Cana?!". She along with several others at the table ,except for Happy, Vance, and Zane, were blushing rather evidently at this but then again the goal was to win the game after all. There really wasn't a better way to knock out someone than to ask them embarrassing questions. Lucy was an incredibly easy target since she got embarrassed rather easily like real easy.

Cana smirked with her saying,"You chose truth so you got to answer. You could drink if you're not womanly enough to answer.". "The answer's easy. They're pink and white." said Natsu. drawing many odd stares to himself. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" said Lucy, sounding very angry. "And how do you know that?" said a curious Cana being that the duo's kiss was still fresh in her mind. If she hadn't asked it, the question would have been prompted by Erza, Mira, or Stella.

All three were not exactly thrilled to see the dragon slayer doing such things as openly looking at female undergarments. "We saw them during his fight with Gajeel and it happened several times. How many times did we see them Happy?" said Vance. Everyone turned to look at the blue-furred cat that sat atop Zane's shoulder, seeing him attempt to raise five fingers as to illustrate the exact number being that Zane laughed out loud.

Lucy ,from her position at the table, tried to hide behind her hands out of sheer embarrassment. "So yeah, Happy says five." said Natsu. "I want to die." said Lucy, with her groaned out in a depressed manner. "Come on Lucy. Cheer up. For future reference though, you'll have to be the one giving the answer. Got it?" said Cana, eliciting only a groan of defeat from the embarrassed blonde-haired girl. "Next up is us right?" said Natsu, almost eagerly and received a nod of confirmation.

It didn't take long for the pink-haired dragon slayer to instantly look at Zane and point at him so as to illustrate who it was he was going to choose. That was somewhat surprising to several playing the game, mostly because they expected Natsu to try and get Gray out of the game before doing anything else. I mean it's the obvious play due to their rivalry. "Zane, truth or dare?" said Natsu. Zane didn't answer at first being that he said,"What do you think Blue Fire?".

Blue Fire aka Happy began to lightly glare at Natsu before whispering something into Zane's ear, as it was like he was telling him something in secret. "Okay, truth. I mean I'm more a dare type of guy but Blue Fire here says other wise." said Zane. "What was that cool-lookin' badass thing you did back at Phantom's guildhall? You know that the thing with the weird eyes, that sick mask, the wings, the rocket boosters, the black skin, and...." said Natsu. He was stopped as Erza growled out,"Natsu.".

She growled this out in a tone implying she were trying to correct his mistake. The redheaded teen knew very well that Zane would tell them about it when he was ready given what happened before hand with his true place of origin. That didn't mean they had a right to hound him about something that had to be very personal to him. The fact that he lost control to that degree gave her the impression that whatever happened had a rather disheartening backstory to it.

This wasn't the time to force him to discuss such things. "Don't worry so much Prude Knight. I mean me and Kane have been pals since I was sixteen but he's known me since I was born. I do think I should have Kane explain it since I'm awful at story telling." said Zane. "We got time." said Natsu. "Hey there Kane, mind making yourself known already." said Zane, holding out his right hand. It glowed black as Kane said,"I can't believe how lazy you are sometimes partner.".

Zane shrugged as Kane said,"Whatever. What Zane did was something called Avenger and we should start from the very beginning so strap in brats.". For the next half hour or so was spent with a rather lengthy explanation about how Zane become a Vulcorian in order to survive having both Animus and Nether in his body aka two things that don't go together. He gained Avenger after Zane bonded with his inner demon through fighting of course.

There were several pauses as several were curious about Elysian with Zane mentioned that you really didn't want to go there being that it's a mess due to all of the dead bodies from all of the enemies that have been slain by a former Zero, Azalea who did her fair share, Kane, Lucifer, and Sivarth being that the trio of Azalea, Lucifer, and Sivarth had to be explained as well. Any additional stoppages in conversation were Natsu asking ,in his own special way, if all Vulcorians looked that "cool".

Kane told him that other than him and Uriel, the Vulcorians were a very savage species being that they devour anyone whose soul sounded tasty include his. After that, Natsu didn't quite have any desire to meet one any time soon but he did still submit that it looked cool despite everything that was said. This made Kane very proud being that Lucifer ,who appeared on Zane's left hand and in a midnight blue glow, said he was better.

The two began fighting with Zane shutting off communication with two of the people who live inside of his body, rent free. Zane need this was necessary and he may as well have gotten it out of the way sooner rather than later. "One thing I don't understand. If you and Kane are good pals, why did you activate Avenger in Phantom's guildhall?" said Erza. "To be honest, I wanted to so that Kane doesn't get lazy." said Zane.

Erza looked at him with a half glare as Natsu said,"So you killed all of those people on purpose then or what?". "Not really. I mean I've been though a lot of fights and my sense of what's accepted in a fight is warped. I have a tendency to overpower most of my enemies back in the day which in turn forced them to get stronger. I have to push myself to the limit and well, my way of fighting is rather dirty. Anything goes being that taunting or hitting below the belt are okay with me." said Zane.

Everyone seemed to nod in understanding at the hero's response though no one said a word for a small period of time. At the moment, they were all just trying to absorb what was just told to them by one of the two last Vulcorians. It wasn't all too disturbing given how Kane is a peaceful Vulcorian despite his past but it didn't exactly elevate their happiness. "Nice job killing the mood, Natsu." said Cana in a joking tone. "Hey, I was just asking!" said Natsu, defensively.

Gray scoffed as he said,"Yeah. Well next time don't ash for brains.". "Oh, like you weren't curious about it?" said Natsu with his words getting no reaction other than for the raven-haired teen to avert his eyes and ignore the question. "It's fine Natsu. Cana's just messing with you. If you want to be my friend, you have to accept my past and present self. I'm not the same person I was when I was around your age because time changes a person." said Zane.

Cana nodded as she said,"Still, let's get back to having fun, eh? Elfman, you're up.". The white-haired man began to look around the table with an unreadable expression for once. It appeared that he was choosing his target carefully, but his eyes eventually landed on his elder sister and seemed to stick onto her. Elfman knew his sister very well and could predict what she would choose and since that would undoubtedly be "truth", he had a free pass to ask her something that was bothering him.

He knew exactly what question he wanted to ask and even if she dodged by downing a drink, he would still be able to tell what the answer was. Who knew Elfman could be such an evil mastermind? I mean wow. "Mira. Truth or dare?" said Elfman. "Truth." said Mira in a cheerful tone and a bright smile still etched on her face as it traditionally was. Her smile ,however, wavered upon seeing the smirk forming on her younger sibling's lips.

It seemed that he knew perfectly well what she would choose which only meant that she wouldn't like the question she was about to be asked. Elfman is a secret mastermind calling it now. Calling it now and this is Fairy Legion canon. Keep an eye on him you guys. "So do you happen to like someone? As in, like, like." said Elfman. At this point most everyone at the table paid very close attention to the white-haired woman, each for their own reasons.

Some were curious, some out of dread, and one out of joy but whatever the reason all eyes were currently on her. Mira attempted to stall being that she had two choices laid before her. Option 1 is to cower away and dodge the question. Option 2 is to answer his question and be a little bit bolder than she intended to be. The question was ambiguous yes but if she did choose to answer it and do so honestly, there was another problem.

A certain Cross-Species ,who was sitting at the very same table and playing the very same game, will pick up on her answer and tease her to no extent. "Come on big sis. You either gotta answer or take a drink." said Elfman. "Yes. I do Elfman." said Mira. At this, several were surprised given that they hadn't actually expected her to answer the question. Two people ,however, only had their suspicions further confirmed by her answer.

Two of them ,in fact, now believed they outright knew what was going on. One was the shockingly evil mastermind Elfman and the other Zane. "Wow. This is really funny. Didn't expect Elfman to be so savage or somewhat sneaky." thought Zane with a smirk. "Yeah but he'll be punished for it by Mira maybe. Remember what happened to Kevin after he asked Rae about her crush before her liking you was revealed." said Twilight.

Zane chuckled as he thought,"Yeah. I think he still has the scars and a slight fear of her even after all of this time, we spend together.". "I knew it!" thought Elfman, who was fighting back an expression of realization in favor of keeping his calm façade. "So she's interested in someone but who?" thought Bisca as she watched this go on from her spot. There was only one candidate coming to her mind being it's the very same person she desperately wished that the barmaid wasn't interested in.

Bisca was also interesting in him despite him having a girlfriend. "So. Who is it?" said Cana with a cheeky grin. "That wasn't part of the question and you didn't ask it Cana." said Gray in a very uncaring tone. "That's right. Your turn's done, Elfman. So Erza's up now." said Mira. She sounded so cheerful but her smile appearing more forced than prior. The reason for her traditionally bright smile lost a bit of its power is simple.

Zane had shown her one of his signature and evil smirks upon hearing her answer a moment ago. The superhero clearly understood that she had been making the attempt at hinting to him that she had been referring to him. "Why does he have to be so damn observant?!" thought Mira. She wanting to do nothing more than slam her foot into the ground and grind the nearest floorboard into a pile of dust but she didn't.

Still, it wasn't exactly the worst thing in the world to have answered the question despite the object of her desire haven picked up on her ever so subtle hint. She still had other things to worry about. Mira's primary goal ,at the moment, was to get Elfman knocked out of the game, if only to punish him for putting her in such a position in the first place. How petty. "Hm. Lucy, truth or dare?" said Erza in a friendly manner, breaking the barmaid out of her thoughts as she did so. "Um. Truth." said Lucy.

She believed that the model of justice would at least ask her something less personal than the color of her underwear. She would be wrong. "Do you have a boyfriend?" said Erza. "What's with you people and asking me stuff like this?!" said Lucy. "The object of any competitive game is to win, and the best way to do that is to make you drink until you pass out by asking uncomfortable questions." said Erza in a blunt tone. "Prude Knight is right Triple B." said Zane.

The blonde looked at Natsu ,who just smiled at her, with her currently mumbling something under her breath. She decided to pick up the nearest mug of alcohol and slowly drink it until nothing within the cup was left. Evidently answering that question was more embarrassing than the color of her panties being revealed by the trio of Happy, Natsu, and Vance. "Okay then, I'm next. Elfman, choose." said Mira.

She didn't even waiting for the scarlet-haired woman to pass off to the next person. "Real men pick dares!" said a proud Elfman, puffing his chest out in an intimidating manner. Mira smiled with it being both sweet and sinister. "I dare you to drink and have fun until you pass out." said Mira, closing her eyes and tilting her head in an innocent manner as she did so. "But that would take me out of the game sister!" said Elfman. "Which is why you can take a drink and dodge it Elfman." said Cana.

Mira smiled with her saying,"But wouldn't that make him less manly? I mean what kind of man dodges a dare?". She was inwardly smiling sadistically. She could just hear in her head exactly what her younger brother would say. I think we learn who is the real evil genius in this family. "Real men don't dodge dares!" said Elfman running over to the bar and grabbing an entire barrel of booze with him knocked out.

Cana shook her head as she said,"Okay then. Well, I guess that means the first person is out and it's just sad. You're up, Zane.". "Gotcha. Okay, what should I do partner?" said Zane as the cat soon whispered something into Zane's ear. All he did in response to this was nod but shortly thereafter he decided to speak. "So Natsu, do you want truth or dare?" said Zane. "Dare!" said Natsu, almost shooting up out of his chair in an excited fashion.

Zane smiled as he said,"Okay. I dare you and Gray to a drinking content. Winner is the last one standing and in our next training session, I'll remove some of the weights.". At this, both Gray and Natsu got up from their chairs out of protest. Evidently they both knew what this would mean. It was due to the fact if they should ever have a drinking contest to begin with, they would pass out at the exact same time leaving Happy the winner somehow.

Though neither of them would admit it, alcohol consumption was an area they both lacked in and equal degree. Natsu should have an advantage given his fire magic but well, Igneel didn't teach how to handle the booze like a pro. "What kind of a dare is that?!" said Natsu. "Yeah man and why do I have to be involved?" said Gray. "Well, that's the game. I mean you don't have do it but then Natsu, you would back away from a challenge making you a wimp." said Zane.

He smirked with him saying,"Or even worse, you would admit that Gray is better than you. I mean you two would also be chickens and I have a dance for you if you two don't want to do it. Seems like a pretty tough choice to me.". "But that'd make us both out of the game!" whined the two. "They did exactly what I thought they would! Maybe next time, one of you will ask for me to be on your team instead. Team Catastrophic for the win!" said Happy with him being content.

He closed his eyes and crossing his arms in a superior fashion. He high fived Zane who sprouted an arm from his back. "You did this Happy?!" said a surprised Natsu. "Yep. It was his idea. I mean it's obvious to everyone that you two wouldn't back away from a challenge going up against one another and he's my teammate on Team Catastrophic so I can't just say no." said Zane with a smile. "Aye!" said Happy in agreement. "He's got us there. Now bring it on you half-rate stripper!" said Natsu.

Gray sighed as he said,"I'll crush you like a bug, flame-brain!". The two ran over to join Elfman over by the main bar. "Good job Happy." complimented Zane. The two high fived as Happy said,"Naturally Zane! We're the best team!". Everyone in the game realized that Happy and Zane re a powerful force when the two of them working together. "Well since Gray and Natsu are out, looks like it's your turn Lucy." said Mira with a shrug. "What about me?! I'm still in the game!" said Vance.

Stella sighed as she said,"Your partner is out so you're out too. Sorry Vance.". He sulked as Lucy said with her tone having a slight edge to its normal kindness,"Erza. So truth or dare?". That came as a bit of a surprise to the remaining players of the game, but it wasn't entirely ludicrous given that the redhead had caused Lucy a bit of embarrassment. She would have gone with Cana or Zane but hey, she got revenge on someone. "I will select truth." said Erza.

Cole blinked as he said,"Wow. She's sounds more like a robot than we do.". "Have you ever had a boyfriend?" said Lucy, obviously relishing the opportunity to get back at the scarlet-haired wizard for her previous turn. Erza ,upon hearing the question, outwardly exhibited a small sense of panic. Her appearance returned to normal a moment later upon actually hearing the wording of the question. The second she heard "boyfriend", her mind just went momentarily blank and needed to be shut down.

Erza said with no hesitation present in her voice,"No, I have not.". Lucy just huffed in response to this answer, obviously not being satisfied with the result of her question. She really thought that would be enough to rattle the scarlet-haired knight, if only a little. "Don't worry Triple B. I mean you'll get her next time. I think we should worry about her though. I mean not having a boyfriend at her age makes her practically a spinster right Happy?" said Zane. "Aye!" said Happy.

Erza glared at Zane with Cana said,"Let me show you how it's done Lucy. Erza, truth or dare?". The duty of calling someone out having shifted directly to her since the blonde ended her turn without placing any facedowns. "Truth." said Erza in a calm tone. The words of Fairy Tail's most adamant drinker made her inwardly curious and apprehensive. "Do you currently want someone to be your boyfriend, meaning a specific person in the guild?" said Cana.

This question causing her blonde-haired friend to give a thumbs-up out of approval. This time, the panic that the female wizard exhibited after the question seemed to stay in place though a more predominant sense of nervousness was shown. The redheaded teen just continued to stutter and mutter things incoherently, obviously in an attempt to stall. Most expected her to immediately answer no being that in Zane's case, he knew what her answer would be.

Her crush is currently drinking with Gray. Mira was the same way. He didn't know why he cared but he's always been interested in others love lives ever since he was little being that he was and is a good matchmaker.  "Umm." mumbled Erza. Somewhat to most surprise, the scarlet-haired hardened warrior took the nearest mug of alcohol and drank it within a few seconds. Her eyes never meeting those of anyone else at the table.

She did this being that she didn't want Zane teasing her. "Well. It looks like I found a way to beat the redhead after all this time." thought Cana with a somewhat sinister smirk. "Cana definitely won't let that slip past her. I need to immediately get her out of the game!" thought Erza. At this point, it may have been her competitive nature taking over in addition to the fact that she didn't want to be "found out" by one of the biggest gossipers in all of Fairy Tail.

Lucy blinked as she said,"Oh damn, I have to get back to my place now! Rents due and the landlord would kill me if I don't get there in time!". In all the commotion that occurred today, she had conveniently forgotten about her rent payment appointment. It should be somewhat of an important thing to remember if she wished to  live in her lovely home. She was gone after that. "Okay. It's my turn. Zane, truth or dare?" said Mira, turning to look at the superhero as she spoke. "Truth." said Zane.

Happy blinked as he said,"I thought we were going to go with dare if someone asked us!". "Only if Prude Knight asks us remember?" said Zane. "Right! Sorry about that." said Happy, looking ratheer sheepish. "Let's me see. What should I ask you? Well since everyone else has asked this, so I might as well! Have you ever had a girlfriend before Levy?" said Mira. She delicately hiding the fact that this was a question she had intended to ask despite what anyone else had said.

Zane smiled as he said,"Yep. I've dated a lot in my time ranging from one lovely lady to seven lovely ladies. I have a picture if you want to see. I mean I would show you the dirty ones but eh. Those are for the personal collection" . The girls there were shocked by his complete honesty. "I shouldn't find that rather surprising but I do. Someone of your looks should be able to find someone. Though I thought your unique personality would have turned them away. Seven at once though?" said Erza.

She started out rather calm, but she just couldn't help herself from realizing that what she was about to say could be interpreted as flirting even she liked someone else. While she was a hardened warrior and a very calm and collected person, romance of any kind was not her department. It definitely wasn't an area where her robotic like demeanor shined through. "I'm with Erza on this one. I mean you really like surprising people." thought Mira aloud.

The news did give her a small sense of joy given that she could also date Zane. "Wow. You would be a playboy but seven at once? Not even Loke could do that without it blowing up in his face." said Cana with a suggestive smirk. "Despite me sounding like a playboy, I treated each girl who had a chance to date me with complete respect. They also wanted to do the whole harem thing much to my shock at the time and the jealously of my friend Kevin." said Zane.

Zane smiled as he said,"He was and is jealous of my luck with the fairer sex.". "So you're not lying at all." said Cana. "Yeah. I did say that you could see a picture of me with them if you want. I mean it's vulgar but hey, it was their idea on how I should get rid of my built up stress." said Zane. Cana winked at him as she said with a large smile,"Vey interesting. Well I know what I'm daring you to do if you ever pick it.". "Bring it on then Cana." said Zane being that he wasn't at all embarrassed of his past.

The trio of Bisca, Mira, and Stella fought the urge to lunge at the brown haired woman who had just recently opened her mouth and said something she shouldn't have. Levy ,aka Zane's girlfriend, was okay with this being that Zane didn't want to keep any secrets between them and knew about his past when it comes to romance. "It would appear that I am next. Cana, tru.." said Erza. She stop upon seeing the brown-haired woman gulp down an entire mug of booze.

Cana smiled as she said,"Don't bother asking me. I'll just take the drink because I can handle my alcohol, after all plus drinking is fun.". "Dammit." thought Erza, with her fists balling out of frustration. She couldn't deny the fact that Cana and Zane could outdrink her. If she was the target of each and every one of her turns, she would quickly pass out due to alcohol consumption. Normally, losing the game and allowing that would just hurt her pride.

However, she was up against her rival Zane and leaving him along with Mirajane while she was passed out. With her paranoid thoughts never really leaving her mind, it still remained a present worry. Even though her and Mira were friends, their rivalry is still there but on a smaller level much to Makarov's joy. "Okay. Guess it's my turn." said Zane. A moment later just as in the previous rounds, Happy whispered something right into the superhero's ear.

This time, however, he visibly reacted to the words the cat had said. "Really? She wouldn't have done that? Oh wow. That's so scandalous." said Zane, sounding shocked. "Yep. It's the truth." said Happy with him shaking his head. "That's harsh though. I mean wow Happy." said Zane. "But we want to win don't we partner?!" said Happy. "True little buddy. Okay, I choose you Cana." said Zane. "Well I'm just gonna take a drink. I don't really need to do anything to win, after all." said Cana sounding cocky.

Zane smirked as he said,"I wouldn't do that if I were you. After all, if you didn't choose dare right now, I may be forced to talk about an incident at a place called "The Golden Barrel".". Two of the remaining players of the game looked at the brown-haired woman with expressions implying they were completely lost. Their confusion was only added on by the fact that Cana seemed to be in a state of absolute panic and dread, her body almost shaking in fear.

Cana managed to get out something as she said,"Y-You wouldn't Zane!". "My partner here thinks I should right Blue Fire?" said a very nonchalant Zane. "Aye!" said Happy. "Okay, I pick dare." said Cana, calming down a bit given that she obviously believed the multi-haired teen wouldn't blab about something that personal. He totally would by the way. The amount of embarrassment from that incident was something she had to live with as a drinker for all her life.

In actuality all that occurred was that she had opted to try alcohol for the first time and had actually gotten hammered off of a singular drink. Her pride would just never allow anyone to know that ever happened. It's like with Dragon's Ale but much sadder. "I dare you to get up and say that you're the biggest lightweight drinker in the history of Fairy Tail." said Zane. "Ha! I'd rather die!" said Cana. "So you don't want to do it?" said Zane in a sagely voice.

Cana glared at him as she said,"Yeah. Dammit, I'm out!". She instantly getting up from her seat and rushing over to the main bar next to the currently passed out forms of Elfman, Gray, Natsu, and Stella due to the latter being a very lightweight drinker. As of this moment only three ,or four if you counted Happy being on Zane's team, remained left to play in the game. One of them in particular ,aka the Prude Knight herself Erza, was extremely relieved.

This is the one person who seemed to be "on to her" was now out of the game thanks to the dastardly duo of Happy and Zane being that their teamwork was impressive.. On top of that, she now had an opportunity to play the game out with Zane and defeat him if she happen to eliminate the only other player left. "Okay, my turn! Zane, truth or dare?" said Mira. "Truth." said Zane. "Hmm. What do you find attractive in a romantic partner?" said Mira.

She was hiding the slight bashful nature that took over her being upon prompting her question. Zane knew the answer about that question being that he had been asked this a lot. "That's a tough one. I mean no normal women could handle how messed up my life. Let me think." said Zane, with him cupping his chin as he thought about it. "Kind, strong, and not a pushover are some major things. I think compassionate and caring about others and their loved ones is important. said Zane.

Zane looked at Levy with him smiling. "Like I've told Levy many times, I give zero fucks about outer beauty being that I've only cared about is inner beauties. I usually attracts outer beauties without trying but the biggest thing is that she should be able to accept both sides of me. The superhero Legion Zero and the Cross-Species behind the mask. That good enough for you?" said Zane. Erza and Mira smiled at his answer with the latter staring affectionately at the superhero.

She thought that she was just the ideal woman he had just described. Erza did respect Zane for that type of mindset because she was curious about why he and Levy were dating until now.  Mira noticed that the other girl staring at Zane but was really staring at Natsu. This caused their rivalry to be reborn anew so that's a good thing right? "Does she think he was talking about her? If she wants a challenge, I'll give her one." thought Mira.

At this point, the game began to take a new shape for the two remaining females. Each of them now bent on "gathering intelligence" on the other. This wasn't war just yet but if things kept going the way they were. it would quickly turn into one if things go the way they're going. They may be friends now but don't forget that they were fierce rivals like Gray and Natsu back in the day. Erza and Mira just continued to stare skeptically at one another, each simply waiting for Zane to begin his turn.

Happy whispered something into Zane's ear but his expression told the two that it wasn't necessarily something that would get someone eliminated but did it anyways because why not. "Mira, truth or dare?" said Zane. "Truth." said Mira, taking a break from staring at Erza to give the superhero a bright smile. "I seem to recall a certain pink-haired dragon slayer saying that,"You cook with food not little kids right?". So do you cook and eat children? People want to know!" said Zane.

Kaida ran up to her dad with her saying,"Papa! I don't think Mira eats kids!". "I don't know Peanut. I mean from my experience, it's always the nice girls who turns out to be the psychopath but I'll protect you. You're too sweet to eat." said Zane, tussling her hair much to her joy. "No I don't Zane. Why would you ask that?" said a confused Mira. "The cat on my shoulder told me to and I've been known to listen to the devils." said Zane.

The white-haired woman glared at the cat and effectively made him release a nervous chuckle as he began to hide his face behind the sides of Zane's hair. Clearly, she had been annoyed to have been asked such a ridiculous question. "My turn. Mira, choose." said Erza. Kaida decided to sit with her papa being that she joined Team Catastrophic being that instead of alcohol, she would be drink some very good apple juice instead.

Zane was okay with swearing but underage drinking had to wait until later. I mean to be fair, he had his first drink at four and look how he turned out. "Truth." said Mira, obviously not trusting the redhead in the slightest when it came to the only other reaming option. She could just have taken a drink to dodge but there was no need to do so if she didn't have to. "I have my own suspicions but is Zane the one who gave you the advice you were referring to earlier?" said Erza.

Mira looked at her as she said,"Yes. Also just like I said earlier, I can never thank him enough even more so now that he helped Stella when she needed it most.". She had a fiery look in her eyes as she stared down the scarlet-haired teen. "I see then perhaps I was correct in assuming you are attracted to him." thought Erza as he her previous suspicions becoming more concrete as the game progressed. "My turn. Erza, truth or dare?" said Mira, not even bothering to wait for the redhead to end her turn.

Erza said with her voice having a serious edge to it,"Truth.". Zane just looked confusedly at the feline that sat atop his shoulder and little girl in his lap, though said duo just shrugged in response. Zane knew what was going on being that he was going to enjoy this. "Who specifically would you want as a boyfriend?" said Mira. In response, Erza just continued to glare at the white-haired woman while she downed a drink.

She didn't quite want a certain someone to hear the answer for personal reasons, and she'd be damned if she let Mira squeeze that information out of her before she had the ability to do the same. Do recall that her crush Natsu is out cold and probably wouldn't hear her unless he could hear people while unconscious. "So Prude Knight, truth or." said Zane. "Truth." said Erza evenly, cutting the orange-haired teen off. "Okay then. So do you cook and eat children?" said Zane.

Erza growled out threateningly,"Happy.". She turned to glare at the blue-furred Exceed as Happy squealed out,"Every cat for himself!". He flew away due to fear. Mildly annoying Mira was one thing but actually upsetting Erza was a one way ticket to sheer unadulterated pain, and he happened to be "allergic" to that. It's like whenever Usopp is allergic to something. "I'll take that as a no and I was pretty sure that you did." said Zane.

He watched his now former partner fly away as Kaida said,"So are we still Team Catastrophic?". "We sure are." said Zane "I'm up. Mira, truth or dare?" said an aggressive sounding Erza. "Truth." said Mira with a small glare now being directed towards the redheaded knight. "Who is it that you would like to have as your romantic partner?" said Erza. Exactly as Fairy Tail's strongest female wizard had done before, Mira just took the nearest mug of alcohol and finished it up within seconds.

A small blush was now present on her cheeks due to the booze, but even so she was still standing and appeared fine. However, she was inwardly panicking given that at this point her technical best friend had to know. "She just has to ask that. The questions she's asked me don't go to any other conclusion I can see." thought Mira. "Are you two okay?" said Kaida in an concern tone. She noticed that the only remaining two players of their 'game' appeared aggravated in some manner.

The two girls said in unison,"I'm fine.". "They're lying but don't worry Peanut. This only means that we have a pretty chance at winning now." said Zane. He could figure out why they are the way they are, so it didn't really benefit him to dwell on it any further. All he could try to do at this point was try his best to win and hopefully not do anything stupid to worsen their moods. I mean lets be honest. He totally is going to do something stupid. "Zane. Truth or dare?" said Mira with Zane smiling.

Zane was slightly impressed that Mira wasn't continuing whatever little weird exchange that was occurring between her and Erza. There was a reason that the formerly powerless woman had chosen not to go after her former and possibly future rival. If things continued the way they did, she would be drunk. She had to try and get Zane out of the game. She was currently taking a gamble on the fact that Erza herself would want to hear the answer and just continuously repeat it in the hopes of an answer.

The Cross Species said with a head nod,"The truth shall set you free. I think I read that in a book once.". The barmaid was happy when he said that. "Who do you think is the prettiest woman in Fairy Tail Zane?" said Mira. At this question, Erza turned to look at Zane in an effort to see his reaction. She wasn't the only one. Every female ,except for Cana and Stella being the former was drinking and the latter was unconscious from drinking, was looking right at the Cross-Species superhero.

He was still coming up with an answer. If Zane present an answer, Mira's name may be said meaning that she won. However, he may not even pick her name being that he may not even choose one and would suffer from an unforeseen accident in the near future. All is fair in love and war, after all, and this was about to be both. "Well..." said Zane. He knew that whoever he picked would be happy and the rest of the girls wouldn't.

Zane looked back and forth between the two women keeping his company, noticing that they seemed to want him to answer her question. However, there was absolutely no way in hell he would give an answer because he really couldn't, plain and simple. He was up shit creek without a paddle or between a rock and a hard place. In his mind, the choice was obviously between the group of Bisca, Kaida, Levy, Mira, and Stella.

He didn't judge by just looks being that to someone who has the ability of to see through most objects with ease, looks means nothing at all. If he answered, the answer would undoubtedly anger someone being that he could tell that Erza and Mira were agitated at each other. It could be due to the alcohol as he wasn't exactly sure but either way, it was a terrible, terrible idea if he picked Mira. He decided to go with the safe answer.

As he down his drink within seconds, Zane said,"Beauty to me isn't important when it comes to someone's appeal. It's all perspective to say the least. My point is that the most beautiful female in the guild is just a title and that title belongs to whoever you think is the most beautiful.". "So did you answer the question papa?" said Kaida, sipping her juice. "It's mainly to make sure that I don't die any time soon Peanut." said Zane.

In a higher than normal voice, Erza said,"Zane, truth or dare?!". The superhero's eyes opened being that he was used to seeing an angry expression on her face being that he liked to make her mad. "I'm easily sensing danger. Thank you Crisis Judgement." thought Zane. "I'm going to regret this but truth." said Zane. "Who do you think the most attractive female in Fairy Tail is?" said Erza. "You pretty much asked the same question again and secondly, it isn't even your turn!" said Zane.

None of his guild mates cared about this though. "You bet your ass that I can ask the same question she did. Now who do you think is the prettiest girl in our guild?!" shouted Erza, ignoring Zane's oh so valid point. "I'll just repeat myself then. The most beautiful female in the guild is just a title and that title belongs to whoever you think is the most beautiful. It's a cop out yes but that's honestly what I think about the matter." said Zane.

Mira questioned him in a assertive tone,"Who do you think is the prettiest girl here?!". "I didn't even say truth or dare yet!" said Zane. "Choose!" shouted the two. Zane's right eyebrow twitched being that he was getting annoyed. Kaida knew that her dad was a usually calm and collected person but when he gets mad, things usually go bad. "Fine. Dare." said Zane. "I dare you to tell me who the prettiest girl in this room is." said Mira.

Zane sighed as veins were slowly covering his forehead. "Okay then. I'm going to guess that we're throwing the rule book out the window then." said Zane. "Judge's ruling?!" said Mira. She turned towards her redheaded co-conspirator for support. "Yes, she can." said Erza, giving a nod of approval for the white-haired woman's actions. "Why is she the judge instead of a third party like neither of you?!" said Zane.

Erza looked at him like he was stupid. "Because I have a gavel." sad Erza. She summoning the very same object she mentioned a second later via her magic. "See Zane. That makes total sense. So answer right now Zane." said Mira, demanding him to answer. "Not really. That sounds like one of my reasons for defending one of my actions." said Zane. "Yes it does." said Erza with her argument pretty much did nothing for her case.

Zane sighed as he said,"Fine. Time to activate Plan Knock-Out. All of you are annoying my drinking time. NAP TIME EVERYONE!". He released his circular purple wave of energy, knocking everyone in the guild except a few as he sighed. "So why did you do that papa?" said Kaida. "Because your dad had no other choice. Women can be quite stubborn right Zane?" said Sly. "Yeah Sly is right and to be honest, I love the stubborn type." said Zane, thinking back on his past and smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment