Monday, December 27, 2021

Plans going/moving forward

Okay. You may be thinking that this post is me saying that there will be a new Zero or Fairy Legion Royal coming sometime in 2022. You would be absolutely incorrect since well, I need to get something up my chest. When I started Zero in January of 2017/February of 2017, I truly didn't expect me to write something like Fairy Legion, FLR (Fairy Legion Royal), or Zero which are series I love. These series are all something that I'm proud of but they all have a major flaw. Let me explain. 

In the most recent Update post, I've recently mentioned how I was unable to write more than 4 posts within a single year thanks to the most recent Update post. This number actually changed thanks to me making condensing larger posts I've been working on into small parts. These larger posts would have taken a decade to edit. Doing this raised the total from 324 to 383. The old total may be wrong but you can see that I managed to raise the total by over fifty.

This isn't something I could do now a days but just maybe, I could have done something like this back when I was written on Powerdude stories. I mean sure I never managed to reach over 50 posts within the time I was written there but I got close once in May 2015 with 48 posts. I'm getting off topic here so lets get back on it. The increase in total posts was only made possible by me making smaller chunks of bigger posts that would have taken a decade to edit.

I'm exaggerating with the amount it would take to edit a single post but to make things easier for me, I needed to do this. You all know this since I made this clear in the Update post but there is now a fifth reason. While I was doing some editing or creating smaller posts for the blog, I was catching up with Phase 4 of the MCU so far. This was everything released in 2021. The only thing I skipped on was Eternals since well, I've never once cared for anything involving the Eternals.

To be perfectly honest, I think I care more about the Inhuman than I do the Eternals which is saying a lot since I don't care about the diet X-Men. Do you remember when Marvel was trying to push them into the limelight while killing off the X-Men in the process? I do and well, I'm happy that the X-Men are more prevalent now than they were back in the early 2010s. To me, I see the Eternals as the Marvel version of the New Gods from DC except far less interesting.

While I was watching these movies and shows within the past week, I had a very hard realization. Both FLR and Zero are complete mess of stories that are filled to the brim with different ideas that I have in mind for that single story. It's like stuffing a bunch of clothing and objects into a suitcase. This suitcase will eventually explode due to how much stuff is in there. It's a weird analogy I'm well aware so let me put it simply, it's a clusterfuck. 

I did this exact SAME thing way back with Soul. This series ran from August 2015 to June 2017 and I consider it to be the prelude to Zero. You think I would have learned my lesson the first time but well, I totally didn't. If I can remember back to my mindset from four years ago, this was one of the reasons I couldn't write that story any more. There were too many plotlines going on involving the main character and so many characters. 

This applies to Zero as well except I had too many ideas involving Zane and I couldn't implant those ideas since well, I kept having more ideas. This was a never ending cycle that took me seven months to finally break it. This statement applies to Fairy Legion Royal as well except it took eight months. Both of these cycles were broken at the same time using the same hammer so I guess this would be a case of two birds with one stone.  

For FLR, I have five google docs dedicated just to that series. If you think that's bad, I have at over twenty docs dedicated just to Zero. Most of these are notes for this series but well, this shows that I was putting too much ideas into a single story. I also easily over two thousands bookmarks and twenty notes dedicated to these two series alone and trust me, something need to change rather soon. This does show that I'm dedicated to these series but for me, I couldn't implement any of them. 

I really don't want to cancel both of these series since well, I already failed what I said in this update post. Past me would be ashamed of present me but hopefully, I could explain my action In that post, I said that I would never cancel another story on this blog but well, I did just one time. This cancelled series was Fairy Legion and that was due to me updating Zero with new information as Fairy Legion was being written. 

This required me to implant that new information into Fairy Legion, making it more complicated than it really needed to be. I'm not a betting man but I'm pretty sure that I would be doing the exact same thing with FLR in no time at all. So with in that mind, here's what is going to happen. I will be rebooting both Fairy Legion Royal and Zero which means I'm going to be doing a lot of Spring Cleaning. Making this simple and clean rather than complicated and mess. 

I've often said that I wasn't trying to make the next Harry Potter or One Piece but I totally was and I see this now. Reading through and editing posts from the last couple of years made that point far too clear to me. I was trying to create an entire universe where Zane was the center point of it and all by myself. I can't say this for sure but I'm sure that more fictional universe weren't done by just one person. I'm ninety nine percent sure of this. 

Editors exist for a reason after all. Stories like One Piece probably had at least one other person looking over it and seeing how it could improve for the better or worse depending on who you're asking. This does mean one thing. There will be an even longer delay between posts since well, I'm going to be re-read all of the posts from 2017-2022. Here is hoping that I can get a post of these new series before July of 2022 but no promises.

I'm going to try and get the Persona 5 review done while doing this. This is a necessary change since well, I really want to make something I'm proud of. Zero is something I'm proud of don't get me wrong but well, you can really tell that I went off the deep end and fast. I want to say that it started after Episode 80 of Zero but hey. That's just my opinion. Zane started out as a normal human but changed into a Cross Species of more than one species. 

There was also several times where I cut characters that I wasn't using any more. I also constantly introduced an idea to Zero and well, I didn't give it time to develop in the slightest before introduced a brand new idea. An prime example of this for me is that Rachel had strong romantic feelings for Zane despite not showing any signs of it prior in my opinion. There is also her being a devil which I hopefully do much better in this reboot.

I really do like Rachel and Zane together since they are my favorite couple I've ever written. Well, I want it to be a thing from the start not the halfway point. This constant idea adding and not giving it time to developed is something I don't want to do again but I can totally see myself doing it again. It's something that could be prevented but well, it's something that will be a thing. You may have noticed that I haven't mention Fairy Legion Royal as much. 

Well, that series is slightly less of a mess compared to Zero. FLR is a small local dump compared to Zero which is a large landfill like the Alamogordo landfill. This landfill is where they buried several copies of E.T. made by Atari back in the 80s. The more you know. In response to this massive change, I had planned on making an archive of all posts featured on Powerful Power Stories. This means that starting in 2022, it will be all new content not on Powerful Power Stories but a new blog.

I was going to move everything here onto the archive and then get rid of everything else on here. This will make this blog here into a wasteland and too sudden of a change for my liking. Don't worry. That won't be happening. There will be a new post leading to the new blog and well, the new blog won't have any content until the Persona 5 review is done. That is a review rather than something I'm personally writing.

Prior to the P5 Review, I've never done anything like that before and I want to keep it here as a reminder of what 2021 brought to the table. It may be taking me longer than I expected to release new content for my original stories but well, life is filled with twists and turns that aren't expected. This archive was going to be similar to the blog that they originated from except slightly different possibly. Let me explain what I mean by that. 

I tested this idea out with Powerdude stories, calling it the very clever name of Powerdude Stories Archive. Yeah. Like Zane, I'm not great at naming things whatsoever. The new blog won't have that great of a name either. That character quirk of Zane comes directly from me along with a couple others that I won't be revealing any time soon. The total number of posts between Powerdude stories and the archives is different by two.

Yeah. That's not a lot but for some reason I can't remember, I made two previously published posts into drafts. I really wish I could remember why I did this but honestly, I got no clue. Maybe if I built a time machine, I can ask myself why I did something like this. I didn't write the notes on why I did this but well, things happen for a reason. This will be right after I go to the future where I could have a pet dinosaur that has been bred to be a pet rather than a ferocious killer. 

This could be seen as a waste if you could time travel but I'm sure that everyone would go back in time and use their future knowledge to earn a billion dollars. Think Back to the Future if you want a common example of going back in time. These drafted posts look to be complete but when I was uploaded everything over, I posted these two posts twice. I'm pretty sure that the difference between how a post looked on PowerfulPowerStories and the archive may look different. 

It could be a little or a major amount since well, Blogger has updated since I started writing on here almost a decade ago. You will see that some of these posts will have either the moniker of Uncompleted due to the Rewrite/Reboot or Dead Idea. Lets start with the first one. I put that moniker there to show what I couldn't finish due to me coming up with the idea of a Rewrite/Reboot. For a while, I didn't even touch the posts itself for months.

The Dead Idea moniker is mainly for any posts that I mentioned a certain blog I created called PowerFictionStories. Yeah. I made that blog around June of 2017 and have done absolute nothing with it. This blog is what PowerfulPowerStories was going to be before I decided to change my mind. With me deciding to rewrite Zero, I decided to use that blog for something else. Something I hope for the better.

There is also the obvious fact that I just lost interest in doing those types of stories. I will be getting rid of those links to that blog on Powerful Power Stories. So after a quick test while writing this post, the archive post's import process was taking too long. So there will be no archive blog for Powerful Power Stories. I truly think that this change is for the better and I'm going to be very hopefully here when I say this. You will stick around to enjoy the brand new and improved Fairy Legion Royal/Zero.

Bonus Material:
If you're curious, here is the average amount of posts between 2012 to 2021. I'm pretty sure that there will be very little update between now and then. 

Average Posts (2012): 9.25/9 Posts. Months that go above or are the average amount will be bolded. 3/4 months go above or are the average amount. 
2012= Thirty-Seven Posts.
September= Nine Posts.
October= Three Posts.
November= Twelve Posts.
December= Thirteen Posts. 

Average Posts (2013): 12.83/13 Posts. Months that go above or are the average amount will be bolded. 7/12 months go above or are the average amount. 
2013= One Hundred Fifty-Four Posts.
January= Seventeen Posts.
February= Fourteen Posts. 
March= Nineteen Posts. 
April= Thirteen Posts. 
May= Fourteen Posts. 
June= Eight Posts.
July= Twenty-Three Posts. 
August= Seven Posts.
September= Eight Posts.
October= Five Posts. 
November= Eighteen Posts.
December= Eight Posts.

Average Posts (2014): Posts. 31.66/32 Posts. Months that go above or are the average amount will be bolded. 6/12 or 1/2 months go above or are the average amount. 
2014= Three Hundred Eighty Posts.
January= Thirty-Five Posts.
February= Twenty-Seven Posts.  
March= Twenty-Six Posts. 
April= Twenty-Seven Posts.
May= Twenty-Six Posts.
June= Twenty-Eight Posts. 
July= Thirty-Four Posts. 
August= Thirty-Six Posts. 
September= Forty Posts. 
October= Thirty-Seven Posts.
November= Thirty-Four Posts.
December= Thirty Posts. 

Average Posts (2015): 32.58/33 Posts. Months that go above or are the average amount will be bolded. 6/12 or 1/2 months go above or are the average amount. 
2015= Three Hundred Ninety-One Posts.
January= Thirty-Eight Posts.
February= Twenty Posts.  
March= Forty-Four Posts.
April= Forty-Five Posts.
May= Forty-Eight Posts. 
June= Fifteen Posts. 
July= Thirty-Two Posts.
August= Thirty-Eight Posts. 
September= Thirty-Six Posts.
October= Twenty-Eight Posts.
November= Twenty-Two Posts.
December= Twenty-Five Posts. 

Average Posts (2016/Powerdude Stories): 9.83/10 Posts. Months that go above or are the average amount will be bolded. 3/6 or 1/2 months go above or are the average amount. 
2016= Fifty-Nine Posts. 
January= Eighteen Posts. 
February= Eighteen Posts.  
March= Five Posts.
April= Three Posts.
August= Five Posts.
September= Ten Posts. 

Average Posts (2016/Powerful Power Stories): 11.25/11 Posts. Months that go above or are the average amount will be bolded. 3/4 months go above or are the average amount. 
2016= Forty-Five Posts.
September= Four Posts.
October= Twelve Posts.
November= Eleven Posts.
December= Eighteen Posts. 

Average Posts (2017/Powerful Power Stories): 9.90/10 Posts. Months that go above or are the average amount will be bolded. 5/11 months go above or are the average amount. 
2017= One Hundred Nine Posts
January= Sixteen Posts. 
February= Six Posts.  
March= Fifteen Posts.
April= Seven Posts.
May= Twelve Posts. 
June= Nine Posts. 
August= Three Posts. 
September= Seven Posts.
October= Seventeen Posts.
November= Thirteen Posts.
December= Four Posts.
 
Average Posts (2018/Powerful Power Stories): 7.3/7 Posts. Months that go above or are the average amount will be bolded. 2/10 or 1/5 months go above or are the average amount. 
2018= Seventy-Three Posts.
January= Twelve Posts. 
February= Five Posts.  
March= Five Posts.
April= Five Posts.
May= Six Posts. 
June= Three Posts. 
August= Three Posts. 
September= Two Posts.
November= Three Posts.
December= Twenty-Nine Posts.

Average Posts (2019/Powerful Power Stories): 8.66/9 Posts. Months that go above or are the average amount will be bolded. 5/12 months go above or are the average amount. 
2019= Ninety-Four Posts.
January= One Post. 
February= Three Posts.  
March= Twenty Posts.
April= Eleven Posts.
May= One Post. 
June= Three Posts. 
July= Six Posts.
August= Three Posts. 
September= Seven Posts.
October= Ten Posts.
November= Eighteen Posts.
December= Eleven Posts.

Average Posts (2020/Powerful Power Stories): 8.5/9 Posts. Months that go above or are the average amount will be bolded. 3/6 or 1/2 months go above or are the average amount. 
2020= Fifty-One Posts.
January= Five Posts. 
February= Three Posts.  
April= Five Posts.
August= Twelve Posts. 
November= Sixteen Posts.
December= Ten Posts.

Average Posts (2021/Powerful Power Stories): 2.33/2 Posts. Months that go above or are the average amount will be bolded. 4/6 or 2/3 months go above or are the average amount. 
2021= Fourteen Posts. 
April= Six Posts.
May= One Post. 
July= One Post.
October= Two Posts.
November= Two Posts.
December= Two Posts.

Average Posts for Powerdude Stories (2012-2016): 22.19/22 Posts per month. Months that go above or are the average amount will be bolded. 23/46 or 1/2 months go above or are the average amount. 
2012-2016= One Thousand Twenty-One Posts.
2012: 3, 9, 12, and 13.
2013: 5, 7, 8, 8, 8, 13, 14, 14, 17, 18, 19, and 23.
2014: 26, 26, 27, 27, 28, 30, 34, 34, 35, 36, 37, and 40.
2015: 15, 20, 22, 25, 28, 32, 36, 38, 38, 44, 45, and 48.
2016: 3, 5, 5, 10, 18, and 18.

Average Posts for PowerfulPowerStories (2016-2021): 7.87/8 Posts per month. Months that go above or are the average amount will be bolded. 19/49 or 1/2 months go above or are the average amount. 
2016-2021= Three Hundred Eighty-Six Posts.
2016: 4, 11, 12, and 18.
2017: 3, 4, 6, 7, 7, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, and 17.
2018: 2, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 6, 12, and 29.
2019: 1, 3, 3, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 11, 11, 18, and 20.
2020: 3, 5, 5, 10, 12, and 16.
2021: 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, and 6.

Average Posts for Powerdude Stories and PowerfulPowerStories (2012-2021): 14.81/15 Posts per month. Months that go above or are the average amount will be bolded. 38/95 or 2/5 months go above or are the average amount. 
2012-2021= One Thousand Four Hundred Seven Posts.
2012: 3, 9, 12, and 13.
2013: 5, 7, 8, 8, 8, 13, 14, 14, 17, 18, 19, and 23.
2014: 26, 26, 27, 27, 28, 30, 34, 34, 35, 36, 37, and 40.
2015: 15, 20, 22, 25, 28, 32, 36, 38, 38, 44, 45, and 48.
2016: 3, 4, 5, 5, 10, 11, 12, 18, 18, and 18.
2017: 3, 4, 6, 7, 7, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, and 17.
2018: 2, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 6, 12, and 29.
2019: 1, 3, 3, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 11, 11, 18, and 20.
2020: 3, 5, 5, 10, 12, and 16.
2021: 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, and 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment